Monday, February 23, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...

Me!

I'm officially the last blogger to mention the Academy Awards from last night. I haven't felt like typing the last couple days (sorry), so I've been holding off.

Not really - I've been in Washington, D.C. giving my opinion about the stimulus plan to President Barack Obama like everyone else.

Anyways...

Big hits were kinda obvious at the award ceremony. "Slumdog Millionaire" won a bunch of awards, including best picture.

"Milk" won some awards -- including Orginal Screenplay and Actor, in a leading role. Sean Penn and writer Dustin Lance Black both took the time in the spotlight to highlight the need for gay rights.




PS - good thing Brad Pitt didnt watch. That dramatic pull-out would have been weird with Jennifer Aniston standing right there.

And good for the family of Heath Ledger - they had a great speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment