Thursday, February 26, 2009

Live from the CIAA

Can I just say wow?

I just spent the last few hours at the CIAA Tournament for the first time in my life. As I type this I'm still sitting in the arena watching the games. I know the event has been in Charlotte for a while now, but Ive never been.

This is a great event. Not only is it great basketball but there is such a feeling of unity. Its a place to see and be seen. People are dressed in everything from sweats to their Sunday best... and then some!

I saw just about every local news organization with their cameras. One station even did the news live from the Arena (twice). I know WBTV had Grammy award winner Anthony Hamilton on their show.

There was such a crowd to see him and take pics with him. I skipped out on that.

Great food, great basketball, great fun... and all for a great cause.

CIAA... you are welcome in my city anytime!

(UPDATED: I fixed the spelling errors. That's what happens when you are typing a post from your e-mail on a cell phone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment