Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pothead makes his debut in Charlotte?

Good news for all you Michael Phelps fans... the pothead will be back in the pool before you know it -- and you can watch his big splash debut, here in the Queen City!

Phelps will reportedly take place in Charlotte's Ultraswim in May. That will be the end of his three month suspension and he'll be back in action.

But not while getting high.

I was reading Scott Fowler's blog earlier and he noted an article he wrote three years ago about Phelps and the Ultraswim.

In November 2004, Phelps got pulled over in Maryland and was arrested for drunken driving. He would eventually plead guilty and be sentenced to 18 months of probation.

"I made a mistake and I admitted to it," Phelps said Friday after he swam one of his early morning heats. "I know what I did wasn't the right thing. But it's a part of my life now and something I have to accept. Hopefully, I can teach other kids not to make the same mistake that I did."

Phelps has made a number of speeches to youth groups since, urging them not to drink and drive. His sponsors have stuck by him.
Sounds kinda familiar, doesn't it?

Thanks Phelps. You entertain me - if nothing else. I just might even buy tickets to the Ultraswim this year.

Past Posts:
- Apparently gold medals make you untouchable...
- Phelps gets pass on pot
- Oops, he did it again
- Phelps is pothead, 8 others charged

No comments:

Post a Comment