Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who's more valuable?

I was trolling local websites today and I noticed something on WBTV.

The sports department is playing a little game called "Who's More Valuable?" Last night, sports anchor Danielle Trotta talked about the franchise tag deadline and the Jordan Gross/Julius Peppers problem.


(Click to watch)


Gross has publicly said he wants to stay with the team, and the Panthers WANT him to stay. We need him on the O-line.

Pep on the other hand, has said multiple times in public that he wants nothing to do with the Panthers. I've blogged about this before, and I've made my opinions very clear... let Pep go.

Put the franchise tag on Pep and trade him away for something good, and give Gross a nice contract.

Granted, the team is in the middle of layoffs and two players are talking millions of dollars. Kind of a sick irony. I don't hear anyone on the Panthers team talking about taking a cut to keep staffers. I'm sure its from different budgets - at least, I hope it is.

So... Peace out Pep and stick around Gross. Yes, that IS my final answer.

Past Posts:
- Oops, He did it again
- Jerry gets new heart, Pep breaks them

No comments:

Post a Comment