Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And the nominees are...

The nomination process isn't over yet, but there has been an incredible amount of response, so I'm posting a preview.

During the nomination process, I saw a good many names that I expected, and some I wasn't really expecting to see. Not that these people aren't hot, they just surprised me.

Over the past 24 hours, I've gotten a chance to talk with some of the nominee (or chat, I guess) via Facebook. It's been very interesting to see their responses to the fact they were nominated.

So... without further ado, here are some of your nominees.

Tom Roussey - WBTV


Tom was nominated multiple times. He works as a reporter for WBTV and is often seen on the 10pm and 11pm news. Tom plays Media League softball and according to one nomination, is a pretty good slugger!

When asked what he thought about being considered one of Charlotte's hottest, he said "tell them I single-handedly bring down the quality of the nominees! :)"

Modest.

Morgan Fogarty - Fox Charlotte


Morgan has been a staple at Fox Charlotte for a while now, and she was definitely a top nominee. I promised I would keep it a secret, and I will not say who, but one or two of the people who were nominated for the bracket -- nominated Morgan!

In addition to getting nominations from her peers, Morgan is also in another "media bracket" and as made it all the way to the finals. This is a NATIONAL competition. She's up against the reigning champ, so if you like her -- go vote for her in that bracket too.

Chad Rock - KISS 95.1


Chad Rock is one of Charlotte's premiere party guys. In addition to being on the radio (KISS 95.1) in the afternoons, you can normally catch Chad at the bars/clubs and is often heard broadcasting live from the best party spots.

Chad was the first one I talked to about being nominated for the Hottest in Charlotte, and I still think he is the most pumped! He was definitely psyched about the bracket and I think he plans to pimp himself out for votes on the radio!

Arden McLaughlin - Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg Co.

This is one of those nominations that caught me off guard. Arden isn't your typical media personality, mainly because she doesn't have a steady media job. She works with the Library.

But... Arden made the list, because she is on a regular segment on WBTV News at Noon called "Need to Read." According to one nomination, "If everyone at the library looked like Arden, you'd start seeing lines to check out the books!" Well hell - that's quite seal of approval!

Ben Thompson - WSOC


Another tv man making the list, Ben is an anchor/reporter on WSOC. You can catch him a couple days a week, and anchoring on the weekends. I talked with Ben, and he seemed very surprised by the nomination, and much like Tom was humble about it.

But Ben definitely has his opinions (about the bracket and about life), but I promised I wouldn't quote him! He's already making predictions about who he thinks will/should win. One of the nominations for Ben said "He's a calm voice in a sea of bad news, I turn to him when I need to find out whats going on in the world, and its an added bonus that he's H-O-T

----

So there are a couple of your nominees. Voting will continue until Wednesday morning at 8 am, and after that -- its up to you who stays and who goes home!

Feel free to nomination via comment, or Facebook, or E-mail me your suggestions (da_blogger@rocketmail.com). Thanks!

Past Posts:
- Are you ready to RUUUUUMBLE?
- Charlotte's Bracket Beauties

2 comments: