Tuesday, March 17, 2009

From Dora the Explora to Dora de Whore-a??

Are you kidding me?

Little dumpy Dora the Explorer is causing a scandal? That is muy malo!

Mattel and Nickelodeon apparently feel like they lose kids after age five, so they are trying to get kids a little older to keep with the brand. So enter... new and older Dora!
So what do parents think?
  • Dora the streetwalker.
  • A sexed-up version of a children's icon.
  • A poor example for kids.

No lie... those are direct quotes!

They say the new Dora appeared to have long flowing hair, and was wearing what seemed a scanty skirt, emphasizing her long, shapely legs. The Huffington Post even asks "Did Mattel turn Dora the Explorer into a Tramp?"

Am I the only one that thinks parents are being too weird about this? Good Lord, even if you think the dress is too short - the sketch shows her wearing tights!

As long as Swiper ain't trying to swipe anything inappropriate - Get a life!

1 comment:

  1. I hope I'm not like this when I'm a parent. I think she just looks like a tween.

    ReplyDelete